5 Dry Skin Causes for Men
Redness, itchiness, fine lines… the list of dry skin symptoms goes on – and they aren’t pretty. Dry skin is a common skin problem among men and affects just about any part of your body, especially your face, hands and feet. Knowing what’s causing your dry skin can help you better control it and better organize your men’s skincare routine. Here are five common factors that can contribute to men’s dry skin:
1. Genetics: Your parents might be to blame for your flakey skin. Although you can’t change your genes, adding a daily facial moisturizer and body lotion to your men’s skincare regimen can help soften skin and repair your complexion. Use Advanced Face Lotion and Advanced Body Lotion, which have hyaluronic acid and glycerin to lubricate skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Moisturize immediately after washing your hands or showering for better results.
2. Weather: Extreme weather conditions can drastically dry out men’s skin due to the lack of moisture in the air. Before heading out in cold weather, make sure to bundle up; the more skin you can cover, the better. If it’s hot outside, use a moisturizing sunblock for men to protect your skin from sun damage. Regardless of whether you’re dealing with heat or cold, moisturizing is crucial.
3. Diet: Are you getting enough fluids? Increasing your fluid intake by either drinking more water or eating more fruits, veggies and soups can help combat men’s dry skin. Cut out caffeine and alcohol, both of which can dehydrate you. Also, supplementing your diet with omega-3 fatty acids and a daily men’s multivitamin can benefit your overall health, including your skin.
4. Soap: Using harsh soap can strip your skin’s oils without replacing them, resulting in dry skin. Instead, use a men’s face wash and men’s body wash in your men’s skincare routine. Both products are gentle on the skin and can help revitalize and renew your complexion
5. Age: As we get older, our skin loses the ability to produce essential oils to keep skin soft. In turn, it gets tighter, drier and more prone to wrinkles. Aging is a part of life, but there are some things we can do to reduce its appearance. A comprehensive men’s anti-aging approach can help improve the firmness of your skin and visibly revitalize skin tone and texture.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- Slideshow: Men’s Facial Skincare Products
- Men’s Winter Skincare Tips
- Get Rid of Oily Skin: 5 Tips for Men
- How to Deep Clean Men’s Skin
- Men’s Moisturizer Tips