Best Men’s Skincare Tips for Combination Skin
Combination skin is the most common skin type among men. Like its name suggests, combination skin is a combination of skin types, usually an oily/dry skin combo. If your t-zone – nose and forehead – is oily and the rest of your face seems dry, you have combination skin.
By tailoring your skincare regimen to your combination skin type, you can reap big skincare benefits and maintain healthy-looking skin for years to come. Use these combination skin tips to maximize the effects of your men’s skincare routine.
1. Use a men’s facial moisturizer. You should use a men’s facial moisturizer even if you have oily skin. Although doing so may appear counterproductive, a high-quality men’s moisturizer will not stimulate oil production – oil and moisture are not the same thing. Your skin still needs moisture to maintain its healthy glow and prevent dry skin signs like flakiness and redness. Just use a little less moisturizer than usual and avoid oiler parts like your t-zone to avoid a greasy appearance. “Men’s Moisturizer Tips” has more tips on getting the most out of your men’s face lotion.
2. Invest in an anti-aging cream for men. Combination skin can become prone to wrinkles, fine lines and other aging signs if you don’t take the proper precautions. Incorporating a men’s anti aging skin cream into your daily routine can help stave off signs of aging and keep your skin younger-looking. Make sure your anti-aging cream contains retinol; study after study has shown that this powerful anti-aging ingredient is one of the most effective treatments for men’s aging signs. “The Ultimate Anti-Aging Guide for Men” contains more advice for not looking your age.
3. Exfoliate. Exfoliation can help reduce the amount of oil in your t-zone by scrubbing away dirt and debris that can clog pores; a men’s face scrub with exfoliating particles helps dig deep down into pores for a thorough cleansing. Don’t overdo it, though: Exfoliating more than 3-4 times a week can irritate your skin and encourage oil production rather than stop it. “Exfoliation 101” further explains the benefits that your skin will see from regular exfoliation.
4. Consider a men’s face wash. A lot of us guys use bar soap for our faces. The problem is that many mass-market bar soaps can actually dry out skin, causing redness and other signs of irritation. Instead, you may want to consider a gentle liquid cleanser for men. A men’s face wash with glycolic acid is safe for daily use and won’t overdry skin. It’s important you understand how a men’s face wash and men’s face scrub differ, so check out “Men’s Face Wash vs. Men’s Face Scrub: What Should I Use?” to learn more about each of these crucial men’s combination skin products.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- Best Men’s Skincare Regimen for Your Skin Type
- Easy Skincare Tips for Men
- Choosing the Best Men’s Skincare Products
- Get Rid of Oily Skin: 5 Tips for Men
- 6 Men’s Skincare Bad Habits Hurting Your Skin