6 Best Weight-Lifting Tips for Men
Lifting weights is one of the most effective ways to build muscle – if you’re doing it right. We’ve put together this list of men’s weight-lifting tips to help you avoid mistakes and maximize muscle growth. Follow these weight-lifting tips for men to start growing bigger muscles and unleashing your true athletic potential.
1. Consume a men’s pre-workout supplement 5-20 minutes before exercise. In order to perform at its optimal level, your body needs the proper fuel. A men’s pre-workout supplement with carbs, protein, amino acids and thermogenic ingredients can help provide you with the energy and focus you need to lift heavier and longer. A pre-workout supplement isn’t solely for strength-training – it can also give you an extra edge on your cardio days. “What is a Pre-Workout Supplement for Men?” offers more information on the benefits of a men’s pre-workout supplement.
2. Create a balanced fitness plan. When we guys want to pack on muscle, we tend to focus on only the “glamour” muscles like biceps and abs. By focusing on only these vanity muscles, you’re creating muscle imbalances that could increase your risk of injury. So don’t just focus on your upper body – give those calves and glutes a workout, too. For help on creating a fitness plan, check out MenScience Boot Camp.
3. Don’t become complacent. Some guys fall into the trap of doing the same exercises and lifting the same amount of weight after a while. You won’t grow new muscle if you keep doing the same things you’ve been doing for weeks (or months). Every 3-4 weeks, make a significant change to your workout. Maybe slow down the speed of your reps. Maybe start taking a men’s advanced creatine supplement after your workouts. The key is to keep your body guessing when it comes to nutrition and fitness.
4. Maximize recovery with a post-workout supplement for men. Exercise damages your body in a good way by causing microtears in your muscle fibers; with the ratio of carbs, protein and other nutrients that MenScience Post-Workout Accelerated Recovery Formula provides, your muscles repair faster and become stronger – not to mention bigger. You can improve muscle growth even more by taking a men’s muscle activation formula. It’s also important that you get enough rest – keep your workouts spaced out by at least 24 hours. “10 Quick Tips to Build Muscle” has more advice on increasing lean muscle mass.
5. Use proper weight-lifting form. There’s no point in compromising your posture to squeeze out an extra rep or two – you’re just setting yourself up for a world of hurt. When your form starts to go, it’s time to put those weights down and take a break. If you’re determined to push your body to the limits, consider taking a men’s advanced creatine supplement with all the creatine variants: monohydrate, ethyl ester and magnesium creatine chelate. Creatine helps provide your muscles with extra power and endurance to push yourself a little harder. That way, you can get out the extra 1-2 reps before your form goes south. “What is a Men’s Creatine Supplement?” has more information on how this men’s sports nutrition supplement works.
Bonus Tip: Eat enough protein. Nutrition plays a critical role in muscular development. Without enough protein in your diet, you’re significantly limiting your muscle growth. Start eating more protein-rich foods and consider supplementing your diet with a men’s whey protein powder. A men’s whey protein powder with leucine such as MenScience Whey Formula is an effective way to boost your protein intake with minimal fat and calories. Just remember: Before starting a new diet or fitness plan, consult your physician if you have any pre-existing conditions.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- How to Keep Weight Off: Weight-Loss Tips for Men
- How to Get Bigger Arms: 7 Tips
- How to Build Strength: 6 Ways
- Get in Shape: 6 Nutrition & Fitness Tips for Men
- New Year’s Resolutions: 6 Tips to Get Fit in 2012