Healthy Food Shopping List for Men
With so many options available, grocery shopping can get complicated fast. If you’re on a diet, it’s important you pick the right foods to get you closer to your goals. You should be choosing high-protein foods to help you build more muscle and burn fat. Here are our top five picks for a healthy shopping list for men:
1. Salmon: This should be a staple of any healthy shopping list. Salmon contains high-quality protein that is needed for men to function at their best and build lean muscle. Not only does salmon contain a good amount of protein, but the omega 3 fats in it can also benefit your body. Research suggests that omega 3s support brain function, mental clarity and skin health. Salmon can be purchased cold smoked to eat crisp breads with cream cheese as a snack or it can be purchased as a filet and steamed for lunch or dinner so it retains all of its nutritious goodness. For a bigger omega 3 boost, check out MenScience Omega 3 Supplement Formula, which contains some of the purest pharmaceutical-grade fish oil you can find.”The Importance of Omega 3 Fatty Acids” lists more benefits about this powerful nutrient.
2. Whey Protein Powder: A men’s whey protein powder like MenScience Whey Formula is a great nutrient-dense snack that can double as a meal replacement. The fast-absorbing whey isolates and hydrolysates in this men’s workout supplement support muscle-building processes that can help you gain significant size. Because of its vanilla flavor, it mixes well with water, milk and just about any shake recipe you can think of. For more information on this versatile supplement, read “What is a Men’s Whey Protein Supplement?”
3. Brown Rice: Carbohydrates are important to consume for lasting energy. Not all carbs are created equal, though: The bad kinds of carbohydrates are simple, refined carbs found in white pasta, white bagels, white rice and white bread. The better type of carbohydrates are complex carbohydrates like whole grains because they are full of fiber, so they take a longer time for the body to break down; this can help keep you full longer and prevent overeating. One great complex carbohydrate is brown rice because it goes well with just about any type of lean protein. It can replace white rice in a lot of dishes like Asian chicken dishes and in Mexican burritos. That doesn’t mean you don’t need simple carbs, however. Simple carbs are great for increasing workout performance, so make sure you take a pre-workout supplement for men when exercising.
4. Men’s Multivitamin: Even the healthiest of diets won’t provide you with the right amount of nutrients you need to function at your best. Luckily, a men’s multivitamin can help you make up for any diet deficiencies. MenScience Daily Men’s Multivitamin contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals plus fruit and vegetable extracts you won’t find in mass-market vitamins. Just remember that a multivitamin complements a healthy diet – it doesn’t replace one. “Men’s Multivitamin 101” details the ins and outs of men’s multivitamins.
5. Nuts: Nuts are another great source of healthy fats and lasting energy. Nuts contain protein and conjugated linoleic acid – a good fat — so they make a great snack to support muscle growth throughout the day. Some great types of nuts include almonds, pistachios, cashews and macadamia nuts. Eat them on their own, throw some into a salad or use them as a crust on fish and other meals. If nuts aren’t your thing or you just want more muscle-building fuel, check out MenScience CLA Supplement Formula, which contains active isomers for maximum results.
6. Fruits and Vegetables: These are pretty obvious. Foods like broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, blueberries, oranges and cauliflower contain antioxidants that can ward off aging signs and help your overall health. They’re also pretty cheap, so they shouldn’t make much of a dent in your budget. You can also get an antioxidant boost by taking a men’s antioxidant supplement.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- 5 High-Protein Foods for Men
- 10 Men’s Nutrition Tips You Need
- Healthy Halloween Diet Tips for Men
- What to Eat for Healthy Skin: 4 Men’s Nutrition Tips
- Healthy Eating Tips for Men: 5 Diet Traps