How Sleep Affects Men’s Health
If you’re like most American men, you’re probably not getting enough sleep and you’ve learned to live with it. But did you know that sleep deprivation can cause major health problems for men at any age, provoking everything from wrinkles to poor motor skills to depression? Keep the following guidelines in mind the next time you hit the sack:
• Although many men watch TV or work on the laptop while in bed, try to keep the bed for sleeping, sex and nothing else.
• If you take prescription medication or nutritional supplements that contain energy-boosting ingredients, take them in the morning so they won’t keep you up at night.
• Keep the area you sleep in dark, comfortable and quiet, and don’t let pets sleep on the bed.
• If you are unable to fall asleep, remain in bed and try a relaxation exercise like repeating a soothing word over and over again.
• If you still don’t feel tired after 15 minutes, leave the bed and sit in a chair. Keep the lights off and don’t distract your brain with television or a book; it might be harder to get it back into the right frame of mind.
• Relax your face by laying a warm eye mask or towel across your eyes to create a tranquil mood. Gently rub an application of Eye Rescue Formula into the eye area to promote a more refreshed appearance the next morning.
• Keep your diet healthy and exercise regularly, but try not to exercise 2 hours before you plan on going to bed.
• Talk to a doctor if you are suffering from serious sleep-related problems like chronic sleeplessness or insomnia, restless leg syndrome and severe snoring.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- How a Hangover Affects Men’s Skin
- How To: Apply a Men’s Facial Cleansing Mask
- Bad Effects of Excess Smoking on Health
- Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles