How to Deal with a Dry Scalp
Having a dry and flaky scalp can be very annoying and embarrassing for men — it’s a very common problem faced by guys of all ages and hair types. Fortunately, there are plenty of simple solutions you can try out to hydrate your skin and keep your scalp flake-free. Here are a few remedies to consider:
• Drink plenty of water. A dry scalp is caused by dehydration and it is important that you receive the amount of water that your body needs to eliminate this problem. You should be drinking at least 11 glasses of water a day – more if you exercise. Recent research shows that the eight glasses rule is no longer relevant. You don’t necessarily have to drink only water, though. Juicy fruits like watermelon as well as a pre-workout supplement for men can all count toward that total. “9 Hydration Tips for Men” offers more great tips to increase your water intake.
• Wash your hair once daily. Frequent washing can actually do more harm than good to your hair. Too much washing can dry out your scalp, resulting in dandruff and other scalp-area skin problems. Washing your hair once a day with a men’s daily shampoo that’s gentle and contains salicylic acid can help remove buildup and keep your hair looking great – just don’t overdo it.
• Avoid the heat. Dandruff and dry scalp are more common during the warmer months because the heat causes more buildup on the scalp. When outdoors, wear a hat or other headgear to keep your scalp cool. If you’re bald, make sure you apply sunblock to protect your skin from sunburn and sun-related damage that result in scalp flakes. MenScience TiO2 SPF 30 Sunblock both protects and hydrates your skin, making it ideal for outdoor use.
• Use alcohol-free hair products. Most mass-market hair products contain alcohol and other harmful ingredients that can dry out and hurt your skin. MenScience Hair Styling Pomade and Hair Styling Gel are alcohol-free and provide maximum hold for all hairstyles.
• Increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids. Sometimes, dry skin can be the result of a poor diet. Insufficient consumption of healthy fats such as omega 3s can affect your skin significantly, so make sure you are getting enough of them. MenScience Omega-3 Supplement Formula provides more than 1,500 milligrams of omega 3s that have been molecularly distilled from fish oil and marine lipids; in other words, you’d be hard-pressed to find omega 3s this pure anywhere else.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- Get Rid of Scalp Acne: 5 Tips for Men
- 5 Dandruff Solutions for Men: Get Rid of Flakes
- If you suffer from dry scalp, use alcohol-free hair products.
- Use an alcohol-free hair gel to avoid drying out your scalp.
- 6 Body Skincare Tips for Men