How to Get Rid of Sun Spots on Men’s Skin
One of the most common men’s skin problems we experience as we age is sun spots. Sun spots are spots that are noticeably lighter or darker than the surrounding skin. They’re most common on the face and neck, but they can also appear on your limbs and just about anywhere else. Although they are typically associated with aging, age spots can also be caused at a very early age by prolonged sun exposure. Whether you’re concerned about developing brown spots or already have some, we’ve got the tips you need to reduce their appearance.
1. Limit sun exposure. This is easier said than done, especially if you work in a profession that requires a lot of outdoor activity or if you exercise outside. If you plan on being outdoors for a while, make sure you’re using the proper protection. An SPF 30 sunblock and a lip balm can significantly reduce sun-related skin damage such as sunburn and brown spots. You may also want to consider bringing your workout indoors to further protect your skin. “Protect Your Skin From Sun-Related Skin Damage” has more tips on taking care of your skin.
2. Use a face scrub and body scrub. Regular exfoliation with a face scrub and body scrub can help eliminate existing sun spots. Exfoliation helps get rid of dead skin cells and other dull buildup to improve your skin’s appearance. Limit exfoliation to 2-3 times a week to reduce the risk of irritation. Also important: Never expose your skin to the sun immediately after exfoliating; this can actually increase the likelihood of sun spots development. “Men’s Face Wash vs. Men’s Face Scrub” explains the key differences between both men’s skincare products.
3. Use a men’s age spot cream. A high-quality age spot cream for men such as MenScience Pigmentation Repair Formula helps improve the appearance of sun spots with a powerful combination of anti-aging ingredients like retinol, kojic acid and glycolic acid. These ingredients have been shown to help significantly reduce aging signs like age spots and wrinkles. Just be patient: Brown spots can take weeks and even months to fade. “The Ultimate Anti-Aging Guide for Men” has more tips on maintaining young-looking skin.
4. Treat yourself to a facial. A men’s facial that incorporates a face mask may help improve the appearance of sun spots and other men’s skin problems like acne scars. You don’t have to go to a spa and drop a lot of money for one: You can give yourself one in the comfort of your own home. Apply MenScience Facial Cleansing Mask once a week to detoxify your skin and infuse it with skin-friendly antixoidants. “How to Give Yourself a Men’s Facial At Home” lists the steps for an ultimate at-home facial.
5. Balance your skin tone with a men’s face tone enhancer. A tinted moisturizer can help you conceal age spots while also evening out your complexion. A tinted moisturizer is especially useful for men with pale complexions who want to look tan. MenScience Facial Tone Enhancer can also be used on the body – just be sure to let it dry before putting on clothes.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- Prevent and Eliminate Liver Spots in Men
- How to Get Rid of Age Spots
- Best Men’s Skincare Tips for Combination Skin
- Get Rid of Men’s Acne Scars
- 5 Quick Ways to Look Younger