How to Manscape: 8 Grooming Steps
Manscaping” (removing one’s body hair) is become more and more popular as more guys start to take charge of their grooming needs. Unkempt body hair is a major turnoff for a lot of people, so it’s important to keep it neat and under control – specifically around the pubic area. Because many men aren’t sure how to manscape in this sensitive area, we’ve compiled these manscaping tips.
1. Pick the right tools. The right tools for this area will include a razor, men’s shaving cream and some hair scissors. Although there are many different razors you can use, a regular manual razor allows for the closest shave. Your shaving cream should be alcohol-free to prevent irritation. MenScience Advanced Shave Formula is a great choice because it’s been scientifically designed to limit ingrown hairs and other common shaving problems.
2. Select a spot behind closed doors and have a towel to sit on. It’s a good idea to decide ahead of time how one would like to be trimmed. Will everything be shaved off or just an overall trim? If you want an overall trim, then an electric razor may be a better choice (more on that later). “The Pros and Cons of Men’s Razors” lists the advantages and disadvantages of three different razor types for men.
3. Start the trimming. Use an electric razor to do an overall trim – it’s pretty simple. If you want to shave everything off, trimming with an electric razor first can make shaving a lot easier. “Prevent Shaving Cuts” has advice on avoiding nicks while trimming and shaving.
4. Lather the area and prepare well for the shaving step. Apply Advanced Shave Formula evenly throughout the area to get a close shave and prevent any shaving problems. Because it’s fragrance-free as well as alcohol-free, Advanced Shave Formula is ideal for all skin types – even sensitive skin. “Get the Perfect Shave” has more advice on getting the most out of this shaving cream for men.
5. Use the right technique. Once the area is lathered up, it is a good idea to protect the assets while shaving around and getting to the desired length. A preferred way to shave is using light downward strokes that follow along the same line and direction of the hair growth. Keep a bowl of water handy and rinse off the blade often and keep it clean while doing the shaving process.
6. Keep the skin taut and pulled while shaving. This is slightly difficult since the surfaces down in this part of the body are not known for being smooth but by going slowly and carefully, it can be done. Needless to say, pay close attention to what you’re doing.
7. Check your work. After shaving all the desired areas, rinse everything off completely and make sure that the manscaping is done according to what one was hoping for. Now is the best time to fix and mistakes or correct something.
8. Don’t forget the aftershave. When the rinsing is complete, pat dry and apply MenScience Post-Shave Repair. This men’s aftershave helps soothe skin and limit redness after shaving. Don’t overdo it, though. Stick to 4-6 sprays for best results.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- Grooming Tools Every Man Should Have
- How to Stop Shaving Cuts: 5 Men’s Grooming Tips
- Get Rid of Unwanted Facial Hair and Body Hair
- Men’s Grooming Basics
- 5 Valentine’s Day Grooming Tips for Men