Men’s Body Shaving Tips You Need
Whether you’re a high-performance athlete or just a very hairy guy, you’ll probably welcome a few tips on how to get rid of body hair effectively and painlessly. The benefits of men’s body shaving extend beyond physical appeal and winning the swim meet; many men shave their body to look thinner, make their muscles appear more toned or simply to get a better tan. Here are some quick guidelines for men’s body shaving:
1. Before shaving your body, soak in warm water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Apply a gentle exfoliating scrub to relax skin and soften body hair; this will make hair follicles more erect and accessible.
3. Shaving foam doesn’t work for body shaving; it’s not lubricating enough and won’t let you see what you’re doing. Instead, generously apply a lubricating, protective gel like the Advanced Shave Formula, allowing it to set for 2-3 minutes.
Editor’s Note – Want the latest men’s skincare news and exclusive MenScience offers? Sign up for our newsletters!
4. Use a fresh new razor blade to shave your body, but if your body hair is especially long, do a first pass with scissors.
5. Always hold the razor at a 30-45 degree angle, pull skin taut and straight and shave slowly in the direction of hair growth. (If pressure is needed, your razor is too dull.)
6. It’s best to begin shaving your body on the legs or abdomen where hair is finer.
7. For legs, shave with long, upward strokes; for underarms (where hair grows in different directions), use short side-to-side and up-and-down strokes. For the pubic area, shave upwards. For bony areas, shave extremely slow and with very little pressure to prevent nicks and cuts.
8. To avoid friction, rinse the blade frequently so it’s free of hair and to avoid irritation. Reapply Advanced Shave Formula if needed.
9. If you can’t get a stray hair or two, use a trimmer or tweezers instead of making repetitive strokes over the same body area (this is especially true of sensitive areas).
Tip: To prevent ingrown hairs, razor burn and irritation, spray your whole body with a nurturing and repairing after shave.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- Get Rid of Unwanted Facial Hair and Body Hair
- African-American Shaving Tips
- Common Men’s Shaving Mistakes
- 4 Tips for Ingrown Hair Treatment
- Use a shaving cream with salicylic acid & tea tree extract