What to Eat for Healthy Skin: 4 Men’s Nutrition Tips
A men’s skincare regimen is just one part of the equation for healthy skin. What you eat plays a considerable role in your skin’s health and appearance. The following nutrients and foods can help maintain your skin’s youthful look for years to come. Read on to find out what to eat for healthy skin.
1. Omega 3 Fish Oil Fatty Acids: Fats are typically cast in a negative light, but omega-3s can actually help your skin and body. Research suggests that these healthy fats support good cardiovascular health, boost your mood and have anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, omega-3s help keep your skin healthy-looking and ward off aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines. To boost your omega-3 intake, eat more fish like salmon and consider taking a pharmaceutical-grade omega-3 supplement that’s molecularly distilled from fish oil for maximum purity. “The Importance of Omega 3 Fish Oil Fatty Acids” lists more benefits of omega 3s.
2. Antioxidants: The antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables may help fight off free radicals that can cause significant aging problems for your skin. Free radicals damage cells and may accelerate the aging process, contributing heavily to the development of wrinkles and other visible signs of age. Increase your daily intake of fruits and vegetables and consider supplementing your diet with a men’s antioxidant supplement like MenScience Advanced Antioxidants. Advanced Antioxidants contains an effective combination of more than 20 antioxidants to help boost your skin’s healthy appearance. “Antioxidants and Aging” explains in further detail the importance of antioxidants in your diet.
3. Men’s Multivitamin: The average American diet doesn’t provide enough of the essential nutrients needed to keep your skin looking as healthy and vibrant as possible. To ensure you get a wide range of these important vitamins and minerals, try out a premium men’s multivitamin. A men’s advanced daily multivitamin like Daily Men’s Multivitamin contains an ideal ratio of not only vitamins and minerals, but also fruit and vegetable extracts not found in other multivitamins. For more information on what a men’s multivitamin can do for you, read “Men’s Multivitamin 101.”
4. Conjugated Linoleic Acid: CLA is another healthy fat that doesn’t get enough attention. This healthy omega-6 fat has antioxidant properties that help promote a healthy appearance. In addition to its skincare benefits, CLA has also been shown to help boost lean muscle growth when combined with a sensible diet and fitness program. CLA is naturally found in high-protein foods like beef and chicken, but it can also be found in concentrated supplement form. A men’s CLA supplement with activated isomers is a convenient way to maximize your CLA intake without worrying about extra calories or unhealthy fat. “What is a CLA Supplement for Men?” provides more details on CLA and its many beneficial effects.
Please Share Your Thoughts:
- 10 Men’s Nutrition Tips You Need
- Eat Healthy on Vacation: 10 Nutrition Tips for Men
- Men’s Nutrition Tips for a Healthy Tailgate
- Eat Healthy at a Restaurant: 8 Men’s Nutrition Tips
- Healthy Eating Tips for Men: 5 Diet Traps